source: Key Art, Mobius Final Fantasy © Square Enix.
UPDATED! - as of March 11, 2017
By Tsubasa Kuroba
Released in Japan close to 2 years ago, Mobius Final Fantasy is finally available to rest of the world in August 2016, and is now playable on PC via Steam on February 6 this year. With how the Worldwide server slowly but surely catching up with its Japanese counterpart, it's time for us to take a look at some of the new job additions to the game since our last write-up.
Note: this article contains information from both Global and Japanese version of the game.
Wol's Job Classes
For Wol, there are 4 main classes:
1) Warrior. The most balanced among all job classes in terms of overall stats. Also has high ATK and DEF.
2) Mage. High MAG but medium to low HP, ATK, DEF and Break Power.
3) Ranger. Medium ATK and DEF, medium to low MAG, but has high Critical Hit Point and Break Power.
4) Monk. (Japan Only) High ATK and Break Power, varying DEF by card, and generally low MAG. Some may have dual class, allowing them to equip ability cards of another class besides Monk.
Do note that the above-mentioned are generic stat descriptions by class categories only. Specifications may vary across the respective cards.
Legend Jobs: Wol as other Final Fantasy characters?
source: Mobius Final Fantasy / Final Fantasy VII Remake © Square Enix.
Legend Job is a sub-category first introduced with the release of the Tidus skin, Ace Striker, for the Final Fantasy X-2 Gacha Event after the international launch of the game for mobile phones. The Cloud skin, Soldier 1st Class, is released with the launch of the Windows port via Steam globally, and for the crossover collaboration event with Final Fantasy VII Remake, "Eclipse Contact".
Legend Jobs are generally stronger than normal jobs, and most are only obtainable via gachas during specific event periods in the Japanese version.
However, good news to the Global players: both Soldier 1st Class and Ace Striker are now available for grabs - permanently - in the Greater Card Summon, at a low probability.
But... which Wol Job is the best among all?
All jobs have their own strengths and weaknesses, so technically there isn't only one "Best Job". However, there are a few tips to help you bring out the greatest potential of the various jobs:
1) Strategy. Unlike most conventional RPGs where you can rely on grinding to clear high-level quests, Mobius Final Fantasy sets itself apart and raise the learning curve with separate leveling systems for the player and the decks. You'll have to take a more tactical approach towards this game, especially in the tougher quests and regions.
2) Deck Setup. Equipping the right ability cards and weapons for the specific job you're using can help to maximize the job's potential, and balance out its weaker areas. You should also augment the ability cards and weapons to boost them further.
3) Custom Skills. (Japan Only) You can obtain job-specific custom skill cards to further boost your job stats through the "Hall of Fame" region. Common custom skills can be obtained through the Skill Gacha in the Shop menu. Skills include raising base stats, increasing elemental attack power or defense, even helping you to farm more gils and EXP.
4) Preference. Even you, the player, may have your own strengths and weaknesses too. Some players are more inclined to the balanced Warrior jobs, while others may favor the more critical Ranger class, et cetera.
With that, now let's take a look at the current rankings of the Wol Jobs released so far.
Best Wol Jobs: Battle Tower Events
SS Rank: Knight / Royal Guard / Imperial Knight
Once equipped with job-specific Custom Skills, the Knight class easily takes the first spot in terms of overall DEF stat, and hence the only one in the SS tier. Recommended for Battle Tower players who are aiming for the top.
For Global players, even without the Custom Skill option, the Knight class still tops all other jobs with his base HP and DEF stat.
1) High DEF. With his Job Custom Skills: Basic Stat +50% (HP, ATK, MAG, Break Power), Earth Elemental Up +200%, Rise Guard +5% and DEF Up +20, the Knight class is indeed the toughest job out there - ever ready for those long, difficult battles.
2) Rise Guard. This custom auto ability allows the Knight class to raise his DEF by 5% every time he takes damage. Very handy when you're up against a large number of monsters - you can easily raise the DEF by a whopping 30% in just one turn against 6 of them!
3) Battle Tower Friendly. With his exceptionally high defense, the Knight class is ideal for the increasing difficulty in Battle Tower events as you climb the level ladder.
The downside to this class is the low ATK power, so assembling the right deck of ability cards and planning your strategy wisely can help to maximize the high HP and DEF capabilities of the Knight card.