Article 1. Usage Terms and Conditions
- If the User is a minor, the Service may be used on the condition that the minor's parent or other legal representative (hereinafter, "Person with Parental Authority") completes the user registration as the minor's representative or the minor obtains the consent of the Person with Parental Authority to complete the user registration.
Article 2. User Registration
- The User shall obtain a user account (unless otherwise provided for in other terms and conditions in the Service) (hereinafter, "Account") by performing registration procedures (hereinafter, "User Registration") according to the method prescribed by unicon, and thus use the Service.
- At the time of User Registration, the User shall correctly input the user's email address, password and other information asked for by unicon. In the event this information changes, the User shall promptly make such changes by the method prescribed by unicon.
- The User may freely change the password for the Service. In the event the device used changes due to a model change or other reason, the User shall follow the procedures prescribed by unicon when he/she desires to continue using one's own Account on (hereinafter, "Transfer") the new device. unicon prescribes the extent to which Transfer is possible.
Article 3. Device and Password Management
- The User shall not allow a third party to use or share with a third party his/her device or password.
- In using the Service, the User shall take responsibility for managing his/her own password, and shall assume all responsibility for acts performed using his/her device and password.
- All acts performed using the device and password used by the User shall be deemed to be acts by the User who conducted the User Registration with said device, regardless of who actually uses the Service using said device.
- unicon assumes no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by the User due to damage to or loss of the device used by the User, for attacks by third party malware, spyware, viruses, hacking, cracking or such, for poor management of the device or password or errors in use, for use of the User's password by a third party, etc.
- In the event there is a risk of the User's device or password being fraudulently used by a third party, the User shall promptly take measures, such as changing the password, necessary to avoid said fraudulent use.
- In the event the User forgets his/her password, the User shall immediately notify unicon and follow unicon's instructions. unicon assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any loss (including the loss of items, virtual currency, and points obtained by the User in the Service, game progress status in the Service, the User's posted data, and all other statuses realized in the Service (hereinafter, "Service Data")) that the User may incur due to the User forgetting his/her password.
Article 4. Attribution of Intellectual Property Rights
- All copyrights, patent rights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights (hereinafter, "Intellectual Property Rights") relating to the Service shall belong to unicon or the third party properly holding those rights.
- The Service is made available to the User for his/her personal, non-commercial use only. The User shall not copy, revise, publicly transmit or otherwise use in a manner that would infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of unicon any information provided by unicon in the Service, without the consent of unicon. However, this does not apply in the case of use for personal purposes.
Article 5. Handling of Posted Data
- The Service is provided with so-called messaging functionality and message-board functionality (hereinafter, "Posting Functionality"), that allows a User to transmit text or images to other specified or unspecified Users.
- The User shall assume all responsibility for the content of text, images and other information saved or transmitted to other specified or unspecified Users using the Posting Functionality (hereinafter, "Posted Data"). unicon assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the content of Posted Data.
- The User warrants that the Posted Data does not infringe any rights or interests, including third party intellectual property rights, privacy rights, image rights and other personal rights (hereinafter, "Intellectual Property Rights and Personal Rights").
- In the event a third party files a claim, files a lawsuit or a dispute otherwise arises due to the Posted Data of a User, the User shall assume responsibility for resolving the matter at his/her own expense.
- unicon may use saved and accumulated Posted Data for the purpose of operating and improving the Service, and the User consents to such use. In cases where the User has a copyright on the content or such, said consent does not prevent the exercise of these rights.
- In cases where unicon determines it to be necessary, unicon may view Posted Data and delete all or a portion thereof.
Section 6. Acquisition and Use of Information
- When a User uses the Service, unicon may obtain the following information (or other information as requested in the Service (hereinafter, "User Data"):
- Email address;
- Device information (devices used, OS, device language settings, access country, Advertising ID, etc.);
- Use conditions for the Application (such as the Application version and use history); or
- Information regarding the offers participated in.
- unicon uses the Data for the following purposes:
- Delivery of advertise and user confirmations and notifications;
- Analyses of user trends and such, as well as the provision of services, advertisements and other information related to analysis;
- Creation of statistical data relating to use conditions and such for the Service, announcements of same in the Service or on the unicon website or such, and provision thereof to third parties; or
- unicon will not disclose the Data to a third party without the consent of the User.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding section, unicon may use all or a portion of the Data for the purposes listed above jointly with unicon Inc. (15F-26-1 Sakuragaoka Shibuya Tokyo Japan). The person responsible for managing the Data at each company is as listed below:
- Unicon Pte. Ltd.: As described at http://unicon-ltd.com/policy.html
- Regardless of the provisions of Section 4, unicon may disclose the Data without the consent of the User in the following cases:
- When pursuant to laws and regulations;
- When necessary to protect the life, body or assets of a person;
- When particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound development of children, and obtaining consent is difficult; or
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, local government or other person so entrusted in carrying out work set forth by laws or regulations, and there is a risk that obtaining consent would impede the carrying out of such work.
- When a User withdraws his/her registration from the Service, when unicon deletes a User's Account, or when unicon ends the provision of the Service, unicon may delete all the Data at its own discretion.
Note: How to do opt-out.
- When you choose to opt out of use of data by Unicon for interest-based advertising, Unicon will not place ads based on your interests across its network. However, you will continue to receive other ads that are not based on your interests.
- To opt out of interest-based advertising on apps, from Android menu, go to "Google setting" > "Ads" and check "Opt out of interest-based ads".
Article 7. Virtual Currency and Points
- In the Service, a User may purchase virtual currency (or as otherwise referred to as "Coins" or "Gems" in the Service) (hereinafter, "Virtual Currency"), and may use the Virtual Currency only within the Service. In cases where the User is a minor, the consent of the Person with Parental Authority shall be obtained whenever Virtual Currency is purchased or used, and the prior consent of the Person with Parental Authority shall be deemed to have been obtained when Virtual Currency is purchased or used by a minor User.
- The User may make a request to unicon to purchase Virtual Currency only by the settlement means and only in the settlement units prescribed by unicon.
- When there is a request by a User according to the preceding section, unicon shall issue Virtual Currency in accordance with the contents of the request and save and accumulate that information by linking those to the User's account. However, Virtual Currency will not be issued in accordance with a request in cases such as when settlement could not be confirmed by the settlement means selected by the User.
- In the event of a dispute relating to settlement between the User and an entity involved in settlement, other than unicon, the User shall attempt to resolve the matter with the entity other than unicon, and unicon shall assume no responsibility whatsoever, except when there are reasons attributable to unicon.
- The User may not assign, lend or otherwise transfer Virtual Currency to a third party.
- unicon will not convert Virtual Currency into other virtual currencies or refund cash. However, this does not apply in cases where unicon is required to make refunds pursuant to laws or regulations.
- Other usage terms and conditions relating to the Virtual are set forth in the Service. Users shall purchase and use Virtual Currency in accordance therewith.
- The User may not assign, lend or otherwise transfer the Points to a third party.
- unicon will not convert the Points into other virtual currencies or refund cash. Upon termination of the registration by the User or the Service for any reason, all Points are lost, regardless of how they were acquired by User.
Article 8. Handling of Service Data
- In the event of any of the following, unicon may at any time delete, transfer or otherwise change all or a portion of the Service Data without notifying the User in advance:
- When there is a risk that the data size of the Service Data will exceed the limit separately prescribed by unicon, or in other cases where it becomes difficult for unicon to maintain the Service Data due to technical reasons;
- When determined by unicon to be necessary for the provision or the repair and maintenance of the Service;
- When determined by unicon to be a hindrance to the provision of the Service; or
- When otherwise determined by unicon to be necessary.
Article 9. Expense Burden
- In using the Service, the User shall bear the costs relating to the purchase, introduction and maintenance of necessary information devices or such, communication fees such as packet communication fees and data usage fees, electricity charges and all other expenses.
Article 10. Posting of Advertisements
- unicon may post on the Service advertisements for unicon or third parties.
- In regards to all third party websites that may be accessed by links from the Service, including the advertisements of the preceding section, unicon provides no guarantee as to the legality, consistency, safety, or accuracy of the contents, or their non-violation of public morals, nor any other guarantee. unicon assumes no responsibility whatsoever for damage or loss caused by a User's use of said websites or by products or services provided through said use.
Article 11. Account Restriction, Halts and Cancellations
In the event any of the following apply to a User, unicon may restrict or halt the use of or cancel said User's Account:
- When provision of the Service is impeded or hindered due to the acts (including acts and omissions outside of the Service) of the User, regardless of the reason, or when unicon determines there is a risk of such impedance or hindrance;
- When it is discovered that a User had use of an Account restricted, halted or cancelled by unicon in the past; or
- When unicon otherwise determines the User to be an unsuitable User for the Service.
Article 12. Changes, Discontinuation and Ending of the Service
- unicon may change the content of all or part of the Service, or discontinue or end provision of the Service at any time and for any reason, without prior notice to Users.
- In the event any of the following circumstances arises, unicon may discontinue or end the provision of the Service either temporarily or longer term, without prior notice to Users:
- When the Service can no longer be provided due to natural disasters such as an earthquake, tsunami, typhoon, thunder and lightning, heavy rains or floods, or due to fire, power outages or other unexpected accidents, wars, disputes, riots, insurgency, turmoil or labor disputes;
- When the Service cannot be provided due to regular or emergency maintenance of systems and such necessary to provide the Service, congestion of network system traffic, or troubles of providers or such; or
- In addition to what is listed in the preceding item, when unicon determines the discontinuation or end of the provision of the Service to be necessary.
- unicon assumes no responsibility whatsoever in the event a User suffers a loss due to a change in or discontinuation or ending of the Service pursuant to this Article, except in the event of circumstances attributable to unicon.
Article 13. Prohibited Items
The User shall not engage in the acts listed below or in acts that could fall into the following categories:
- Criminal acts, acts tied to or facilitating a crime;
- Acts that post information harmful to youth (referring to what is defined in Article 2, Section 3 of the Act on Development of an Environment that Provides Safe and Secure Internet Use for Young People of Japan), and acts that attract children to become sex partners;
- Acts that transmit or save child pornography or other text or images that cause Users to feel uncomfortable;
- All acts aimed at sexual relations with the opposite sex, obscene acts or meeting someone;
- Acts that transmit or save information regarding interactions with a person of the opposite sex whom one has not met;
- Acts that report false information to register a user, and acts that otherwise provide or disseminate to unicon or a third party information that contradicts the facts in connection with this Service;
- Acts that recommend or solicit alcohol, cigarettes or gambling to minors, or the use or sale and purchase of drugs, including illicit substances such as stimulants and narcotics;
- Acts that solicit or recommend suicide or self-inflicted harm;
- Acts that post content constituting slander, harm or insult to a third party or that would damage the name or credibility of a third party, or other acts of harassment;
- Acts that post expressions leading to discrimination based on race, nationality, gender, religion, social standing, place of residence, physical characteristics, medical history, education, wealth, etc.;
- Acts soliciting a person to join a political group or religious group, or other political or religious acts;
- Acts that improperly collect and use another User's personal information;
- Acts that infringe the intellectual property rights or personal rights of unicon or a third party Acts for profiting from using the Service or information obtained from the Service, or acts in preparation for that;
- Acts that buy or sell or exchange Service Data (in particular, Virtual Currency, Points, items andAccounts, but not limited to such) for cash or cash equivalents, regardless of whether done as part of or outside of the Service;
- All acts done in promise of or otherwise in preparation for the purchase, sale or exchange described in the preceding item, regardless of whether done as part of or outside of the Service (including, but not limited to, exchanging messages for the purpose of buying, selling or exchange transactions, and putting items up for auction);
- Acts that create, distribute or use external programs such as BOTs or cheat tools (including, but not limited to, external tools that manipulate the results obtained through use of the Service in a way not intended by unicon);
- Acts wherein one uses for him/herself results obtained by a third party through the use of the external programs of the preceding item;
- Acts alone or in collaboration with another User, or through the use of acts of another User, that fraudulently manipulate results obtained through the use of the Service;
- Acts that place a large burden on the services or networks used to operate the Service;
- Fraudulent access acts and acts to become another User, such as by using the password of another User;
- Acts that intentionally provide or disclose information regarding problems with the Service to a third party other than unicon;
- Acts wherein one poses as a person or group connected with unicon, another User, or the Service, and acts that otherwise create some sort of misunderstanding with a third party
- Acts that disseminate computer viruses;
- Acts that change or damage, or that reverse-assemble, reverse-compile or reverse engineer programs used in the Service;
- Acts that inflict damage on or otherwise cause some sort of difficulty for unicon or a third party;
- Acts that hinder the proper provision of the Service;
- Acts that harm the credibility of unicon or the Service; or
- Other acts determined by unicon to be inappropriate.
Article 14. Damages
- In the event a User incurs damages due to reasons attributable to unicon, unicon shall provide compensation for those damages. However, except in cases of willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of unicon, the scope of unicon's damages liability is limited to the amount of money paid to unicon by the User during the one month up to when damages were incurred.
Article 15. Disclaimers
- The User understands that the nature of the services and information provided in the Service is such that they may change on a daily basis. unicon does not guarantee the permanence of the content or existence of those services or information.
- unicon assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any direct or indirect damages incurred by the User or any third party due to the use or non-operation of the Service, except in cases where the reason is attributable to unicon.
- unicon does not guarantee the Service's completeness, certainty, appropriateness, usability, or compatibility with a User's usage purpose or environment. The User uses the Service at his/her own responsibility and discretion.
- unicon does not guarantee non-infringement of any third party rights by the Service.
- unicon does not guarantee the accuracy of any information provided or used in the Service, and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by a User due to the use of or inability to use said information, except in cases where the reason is attributable to unicon.
- unicon assumes no responsibility whatsoever in regards to disputes between Users or between a User and a third party that arise due to the use of the Service.
- unicon assumes no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by a User due to the acts of a third party, such as fraudulent access to the Service or the introduction of computer viruses.
- unicon assumes no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by a User due to business operators, such as telecommunication carriers or electric utility operators.
Article 16. Prohibition on the Transfer of Rights and Obligations
Article 19. Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction
- Tokyo District Court shall be the agreed-upon court of exclusive jurisdiction for the first instance for all disputes relating to the Service.
Article 20. Additional Terms
Enacted the 26th day of November, 2015